SAE Issues Call for Papers for 2019 World Congress Experience
The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) has issued a call for papers for the 2019 World Congress Experience at the Cabo Center in Detroit, Michigan. Abstracts may be submitted through Sept. 4, 2018.
RadTech International North America is sponsoring a session at the WCX. Mary Ellen Rosenberger, BaySpring Solutions (formerly with Ford) and Chris Seubert, Ford Motor Company, will co-chair “UV/EB Leading the Way for the Future of Automotive.” RadTechs session information follows:
M401 UV/EB Leading the Way for the Future of Automotive. Success in cure technologies attained through advances photocurable materials, UV laser technology, lamp development, 3D computer imaging, and the development of novel materials, processes and facilities, significantly advances the efforts of energy reduction and vehicle lightweighting, resulting in improvements of reduced greenhouse gas emissions, manufacturing cycle time, small footprint manufacturing, speedy prototype development and additive manufacturing, all creating a revolution in manufacturing.
Topics to be considered for the more than 225 sessions offered during the conference are:
- Automotive Electronics/Connectivity/IoT/Smart City, including active safety, augmented and virtual reality, cybersecurity, electronics in the interior, integrated cloud technology and systems engineering.
- Environment/Emissions/Sustainability/Thermal Management, including alternative fuels and power sources, lightweighting and energy reduction, sustainable systems and thermal systems.
- Materials and Lightweighting, including automotive composites, biomaterials, ferrous, materials modeling and testing, nonferrous, and polymers and coatings.
- Design and Manufacturing, including axiomatic design, design for manufacturing, integrated computational materials engineering (ICME), Industry 4.0 and uncertainty modeling.
- Advanced Propulsion/Powertrain, including advances in thermal and fluid sciences, control and optimization, lubricants and multidimensional modeling.
- Body/Chassis/Occupant and Pedestrian Safety/Structure, including design optimization methods and applications, lighting technology and human factors.
For a complete topic list, submission directions and deadlines, as well as more information about SAEs World Congress Experience, scheduled for April 9-11, 2019, visit http://wcx19.org/call-for-papers-presentations/.