The Foil & Specialty Effects Association (FSEA) has announced the honorees in its 27th Annual FSEA Gold Leaf Awards Competition. In a departure from the typical awards presentation that would have occurred during an in-person conference event, the FSEA released a video awards presentation to honor the winners as a part of the FSEA Online Learning Experience (www.fseaconference.com).
“Like many other associations, the FSEA had to find new ways of doing business during the pandemic,” said FSEA Executive Director Jeff Peterson. “We are thrilled to be able to honor our award winners with a video reveal that feels very much like the ceremony we would have held at our traditional in-person event. Congratulations to all of our winners!”
Entries were received from countries around the world, including the US, Canada, Denmark and Taiwan. Gold, silver and bronze winners were honored in 37 categories. Best of Show and two Best of Show Honorable Mention honorees also were revealed.
The competition evaluates submissions that utilize a wide range of specialty finishing techniques, from foil stamping and embossing to specialty coating, film laminating, laser cutting, diecutting and cold foil applications. Submissions come in a variety of formats, including book covers, point-of-purchase displays, folding cartons, promotional pieces, calendars and more.
Gold award winners in the 27th Annual FSEA Gold Leaf Awards, along with the categories in which the submissions won, are listed below. To view the video of the pieces submitted by the Bronze, Silver and Gold honorees, visit www.fseaconference.com.
- Best Use of Film Casting (Cast & Cure™): Apartment Ideas, Apartment Ideas Business Card Box
- Best Use of Cold Foil – Label/Carton: Diamond Packaging, Oscar de la Renta Bella Essence
- Best Use of Cold Foil – Self-Promotion: Univacco Technology, Inc., Univacco Cold Foil Label Collection
- Best Use of Digital Inkjet Foil: Print Panther, Be Seen. Spicer’s Invercote Magazine Insert
- Best Use of Digital Inkjet Coating: Jostens, From All Angles
- Best Use of Digital Inkjet – Coating/Foil (Supplier Promotion): Print Panther, Indulge in Success Chocolate Box Sleeve/Konica Minolta Promotion
- Best Foil/UV Coating Selection Guide: Gravure Choquet, Kurz Foil Selector Art of Adding Value
- Best Use of Specialty UV Coating (Screen): eskju | Bretz & Jung, Pantec Tequila
- Best Use of Specialty UV Coating (Technical): Brightmarks, LLC, Lincoln – Black Label
The Foil & Specialty Effects Association (FSEA) provides a wide range of resources to help companies remain profitable today and into the future. From cost-saving programs and educational opportunities to green initiatives proving the sustainability of foil decorated paper/board, the FSEA strives to provide its members with ideas, resources and solutions to grow in today’s marketplace.
For more information, visit www.fsea.com.