The International Ultraviolet Association (IUVA), Chevy Chase, Maryland, has announced that it will present “Far UV-C Radiation: Current State of Knowledge” on Wednesday, May 12, 2021, at 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT. The session includes:
Introduction and Overview of the UV Spectrum, Far UV-C and Far UV-C Sources
Professor Ernest R. Blatchley III, Purdue University
Disinfection by UV-C/Far UV-C Radiation
Professor Karl Linden, University of Colorado at Boulder
- How Far UV-C Works – Disinfection Mechanisms
- How Much Far-UV-C Is Required – Inactivation Studies
- Surrogates for UV Inactivation of Respiratory Viruses
Safety Aspects of Human Exposure to Far UV-C Radiation
Dr. David Sliney, Associate Faculty, Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health
- Effect on Skin & Eye
- Exposure Limit Guidelines
- Risks for Sensitive Individuals for Exposure to Far UV-C Radiation
Ozone Generation by Far UV-C Lamps
Dr. Holger Claus, Ushio America
- Ozone Exposure Limits
- Reactions Responsible for Ozone Formation and Decay from Far UV-C Sources
- Ozone Generation Measurements
- Ozone Generation in Applications
Panel Discussion – 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Expert panel for Q&A discussion featuring members of the IUVA Far UV-C Task Force
Sessions will be recorded and available for viewing after the event for registered attendees.
To register, visit https://iuva.org/Far-UV-C-Radiation-Current-State-of-Knowledge.
For more information, visit www.iuva.org.