- ACTEGA unveiled its new line of ACTExact® SafeShield UV-LED low migration inks at Labelexpo Americas 2022. SafeShield UV-LED inks are the most extensively certified ink product line from ACTEGA to date. The ACTExact® SafeShield UV-LED inks have been formulated with stringent protocols in place, including:
Swiss Ordinance Annex 6 A & B listed raw materials
- Nestlé 2018 Exclusion List Compliance
- EUPIA Exclusion List Compliant
- No ECHA SVHC (Substances of Very High Concern)
- CONEG/TPCH (No lead, mercury, cadmium or hexavalent chromium)
- TSCA and REACH Compliant
- FDA Migration Models
Mell C. Bishop III, global market manager, labels, explained: “One of our key objectives at ACTEGA is to offer products that not only put consumer safety at the forefront but enable our customers to confidently adhere to a very complex and rigorous regulatory process established for the labels and packaging industry. By developing products that meet numerous exacting regulations, on a global scale, we aim to take some of the stress out of packaging production, allowing our customers to spend more of their time on what they do best – delivering high-quality labels and packaging that meet brands’ high expectations.”
The SafeShield product range includes external migration validation, conducted by the industry leading food innovation laboratory. Internal and external migration validation was also carried out to confirm the inks’ suitability of use related to regulatory requirements.
For more information, visit www.actega.com.