The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has published COVID-19-related operational recommendations for companies in the critical manufacturing sector, including the plastics industry and the printing industry. This guidance is meant to supplement the general guidance offered by the CDC.
The recommendations cover topics that include:
- Assessing exposure risk among workers
- Creating a COVID-19 assessment and control plan for a workplace
- The use and effectiveness of cloth face coverings vs. N95 respirators
- Educating workers and supervisors on reducing the spread of COVID-19
- Cleaning and disinfection in manufacturing
- Screening and monitoring workers
- Managing sick workers
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Workers’ rights
- Aligning manufacturing workstations
CDC also has developed single-page flyers with recommendations and strategies for preventing the spread of COVID-19 in manufacturing facilities.
The first flyer includes key strategies for employers to prevent COVID-19 infection among employees. It is available at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-manufacturing-workers-employers.html.
The second flyer, available at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/community/manufacturing-employees-fs.pdf, includes tips for employees to protect themselves and other from COVID-19 at work and at home. The fliers are also available in multiple languages.
For more information, visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-manufacturing-workers-employers.html.